Now that Daniel Bryan is possibly the most-over (full-time) WWE performer not named John Cena, what happens?
|Well, it won't be this. Hopefully.|
1) Have Kane go heel, feud with him and put him over: it doesn't have the same buzz as going up against Cena, but it's tried and true. It also happened last year as a continuation of the AJ Lee storyline.
2) Avoid sticking him with another Diva-heavy storyline: Speaking of AJ--listen, I love AJ Lee and would probably
3) Have him face off against Dean Ambrose for the US Belt: Again, it's not meteoric like Bryan/Cena, but it is a storyline that's already written, it'd make the IWC happy (kind of) and it--if VKM and Co. don't have as much faith in DB leading the WWE at the current moment--keeps him in the wings, but keeps him out of the main spotlight.
4) CM Punk, anyone?: Similar to the Dean Ambrose suggestion, except it wouldn't be for a title. But, as with Kane, it's a sense of deja vu. Also, how many times can we see Punk take on Jericho/Bryan/Cena/Rock? Give them all some new opponents.
|Although, just like Ambrose, it'd be an awesome IWC-friendly match...|
|Although...in that year plus, how many PPVs did he main-event?|
7) Use him as a Jericho-type: Show up, put on epic matches, put other person (as long as it's not Cena) over, leave, repeat.
8) Just throw caution to the wind and give him the WWE Title: Why not? I mean, it's not like he's overly green to the WWE system anymore, it's not like it'd be an out-of-nowhere push, it's not like the guy hasn't worked his ass off, etc. And, it's not like he's been shoved in the audience's face (Ryback?) Sure, Zack Ryder has worked his ass off to get over, too. But, "WWWYKI" is, well, it's kind of boring/annoying (let's hope that revamp of Ryder's character gets rid of that)